Avocados are packed with healthy fats. They are a super food, and I am in love with their creamy texture and the way they compliment just about every food. I know I have mentioned how much I love making recipes that involve avocados, so I decided I should share my Guacamole recipe.
I normally make this by using two regular size avocados, it gives you the right amount for you and for others to enjoy. It is important to know that if you make too much it can get brown and lose it’s coloring, to help with the loss of color store covered and stir before eating and just don’t stop eating it! (:
- 2 Regular Sized Avocados- (should be able to remove the “navel” of the avocado and see light brown)
- Red Onion-chop into small pieces and add as much as you like, I personally don’t like too much.
- Red Tomato- I like a lot of tomato so I add the whole tomato chopped into decent sized pieces.
- 1/2 Lime- squeeze the juice from half of a lime to add to the guacamole mixture
- Salt-the amount of salt is dependent on the person and the chips using. So it’s a guess and check ingredient!
Avocados first, chop up and either make smooth or chunky, whatever you prefer. Intermix the rest of the ingredients making sure each is well distributed and there is a little bit of every ingredient in each bite!
Now besides just your standard tortilla chip, you can eat guacamole on sandwiches, in soup, basically with anything. Specifically I have even heard making BLT’s and using guacamole is delicious!
Remember guacamole is best chilled, so make, chill, eat, and enjoy!