Alright, so first of all I need to apologize for not blogging for almost a month. Final exams took over my life and did not leave me any time to update or post as I would have liked! Ok now that the air is cleared and I am done whining about my exams and all the studying, a little bit about the Christmas season.
I am a Christmas nut. I love it. It is truly the greatest Holiday. Not just because we celebrate our Lord’s birth. But also because it is such a happy time with family and friends and decorations and peppermint flavors and cozy sweaters and gift exchanging and…well I could go on for a while, basically it is the best because of everything and everyone that comes with it! It is easy to get caught up in the rush of shopping and lose sight of what really matters this time of year, love, togetherness, and Jesus Christ. I thought I would share few easy ways you can share Christmas joy this season:
- Wear a smile and tell other people Happy Christmas- this is an easy way to brighten someone’s day and really makes you feel better about yourself. Everywhere you go wear a smile on your face, you never know how sad or down in the dumps a person is. Maybe your smile and kind words could help them in more ways than you think.
- Volunteer- whether it’s helping serve a Christmas meal at your local soup kitchen, singing carols to nursing home residents, or taking the time to write letters to soldiers fighting for our freedom. Show other people what the true meaning of Christmas is.
- Bake- bake your little hearts out. Who doesn’t like baked goods…that’s right no one, so bake some cookies, make buckeyes, concoct chocolate covered pretzels–anything you want, and make goodie baskets to give to your neighbors. Yum Yum!
- Send a Christmas card- I am not talking about the easy peasy photo of the fam type card. Actually take the time to write someone a card and tell them just how much they mean to you.
- Exchange gifts- and this means no gift cards. I don’t care if you have to buy for a picky present person, take the time to think out of the box and get them something special and unique. It will really reflect just how much you care about them!
This season is the perfect time to express and show your love for other people, to show that we still have Godly and kindhearted people in today’s world, and to make a difference in someones life.