Now that the temperature is starting to drop and I find myself bundling up more, I have been craving soup. The wonderful thing about soup is that it literally warms you from the inside out. You really cannot go wrong with a good bowl of soup, pair it with a panini (gluten free and no cheese for me!) and you have the perfect lunch!
My guilty pleasure is Pinterest, I pin a ton of different things, and one of the recipes I found was for Chicken Avocado Soup. Yum yum! First off, avocado is a personal favorite for me, and its good for you, its a super food! Plus, it is such a strange food, it’s creamy and green…yet so good! So pairing up a warm soup with fresh avocado can’t be beat! The entire cooking process was easy to do, and made the kitchen smell wonderful, and most importantly, the soup was delicious. Definitely a winner in my book, also it photographed so well, there is nothing better than pretty food that tastes just as good. Talk about instagram worthy!
I’ve copied the recipe from Mama Miss’s blog. This soup will brighten any chilly day!
serving size: 4 bowls
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Add chicken to the heated skillet and lower temperature to medium, cover pan and grill chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Shred chicken and cover with foil to keep warm, then set aside.
- In a dutch oven or equivalent, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add the 1 cup chopped green onions and minced garlic to pot; Sauté about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomato; Sauté 1 minute, until soft.
- Add chicken broth, cumin, and salt to pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and simmer on low for 15 to 20 minutes.